Bocock joins Waynesboro Generals coaching staff
Bocock will serve as associate head coach under Coach Derek McDaniel for the remainder of the 2012 season, and will assume duties as head coach following the season.
Bocock’s teams have won more than 560 VBL games, 10 regular-season pennants and six President’s Cup championships, most recently in 2010 with the Luray Wranglers.
A graduate of Turner Ashby High School, Bridgewater College and the University of Florida, Bocock built successful high-school baseball programs at Stonewall Jackson High School, Harrisonburg High School and two schools in Florida before moving into the college ranks with Chowan College.
Bocock has had more than 400 players continue their playing careers in the professional ranks, with three first-round MLB draft picks and nine players who reached the big leagues.
The Waynesboro Generals are the defending South Division champions and are currently in first place in the South Division with a 17-9 record. Waynesboro was ranked 29th in this week’s PG/Crosschecker national poll of summer-baseball teams.
More information about the Generals is online at WaynesboroGenerals.net.
Former Bocock players to make it to the Majors
- Yonder Alonso
- Brian Bocock
- Aubrey Huff
- Mike Maroth
- Jason Michaels
- Daniel Murphy
- Nick Regilii
- Luke Scott
- Chad Tracy
Former Bocock players selected in the first round of the MLB Draft
- Jason Arnold (New York Yankees)
- Carlos Gutierez (Minnesota Twins)
- Alex Wimmers (Minnesota Twins)
Former Bocock players now serving as college coaches
- Jason Arnold, assistant coach, Georgia State
- J.D. Arteaga, assistant coach, Miami (Fla.)
- Craig Cozart, head coach, High Point
- Barry Davis, head coach, Rider
- Marek Drabinski, head coach, Brown
Former Bocock assistants now serving as college coaches
- Aaron Carroll, head coach, Dawson CC
- Craig Cozart, former head coach at Marshall, now assistant coach at Youngstown State
- Lawernce Nesslerodt, head coach, West Virginia Tech
- Terry Rooney, head coach, Central Florida