Julian Ridings, Josh Bullock named Waynesboro Generals top performers
Ridings, the 2012 Valley League batting champion, is the 2012 Generals Player of the Year, and Bullock, who led the VBL with 10 saves, is the 2012 Generals Pitcher of the Year.
Both beat out crowded fields to win the top team honors. Ridings hit .419 with seven home runs and 39 RBIs. He also led the Valley League with nine sacrifice bunts, was fifth in the league with a team-high .657 slugging percentage and led the Generals with a .454 on-base percentage.
Ridings stole 15 bases in 18 attempts – second on the team – and led the team with 24 extra-base hits.
Brandon Murray (sophomore, College of Charleston) put up team MVP-type numbers himself – hitting .344 with a team-high 13 homers and a team-high 41 RBIs.
Other top offensive performers included:
- Caleb Palensky (sophomore, Nebraska-Omaha) hit .371 with a .444 on-base percentage.
- Jacob Hoyle (freshman, Western Carolina) hit .348 with seven homers and 38 RBI. Hoyle was also 2-1 with a 1.29 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 14 innings pitched out of the bullpen in 2012.
- Bradley Noland (sophomore, North Alabama) hit .341 with a team-high 19 steals in 24 attempts.
- Ryan Breen (sophomore, Central Florida) hit .327 with three homers, 22 RBIs and a .444 on-base percentage.
Bullock was lights out as the Generals closer. He was 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA in 21 appearances out of the bullpen with an impressive 29-to-5 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 22 innings in 2012.
Other top pitching performers in 2012 included:
- Eric Stout (freshman, Butler) won a team-high six games and finished with a 6-1 record and 3.86 ERA.
- Seth Lucio (freshman, Tennessee Tech) was 5-2 with a 3.27 ERA and had 56 strikeouts in 52 innings in 2012.
Waynesboro was the 2012 Valley League regular-season champion with a 31-13 record and was ranked as high as #12 in the Perfect Game USA national rankings in the 2012 season.