- After the Gens jumped out to an early 1-0 lead, it was all Harrisonburg for the final 8 innings of the ball game.
- A late miscue gave Charlottesville an extra out to work with in the top of the 10th and the Tom Sox didn't waste the opportunity.
- The Generals moved to 2-0 vs their cross-town rival Staunton Braves thanks to three double plays and more great pitching.
- After four hours and some change, Woodstock and Waynesboro put up 10 and 20 runs respectively. The rest of the box score had the Generals having 16 hits and making three errors. For Woodstock, they had 17 hits and six errors.
More Game Recaps: Click here.
- The Illinois State University Redbirds played well enough this season to earn an at-large regional bid. They are currently the third seed in the Louisville regional.
- Lawson State Community College standout and Alabama commit, Jackson Tate, will be playing for the Gens this summer. Coach Zac Cole had very high praise for Jackson, calling him “one of the very best players in Alabama junior college baseball."
- Florida Gulf Coast University will send three players that were key in their success this past season. The Eagles were 34-21 this season but unfortunately were two and done in their conference tournament.
- Young Harris College will send four players to Waynesboro this summer. The connection between the two sparks from the former head coach of the Generals, Matt Williams.
More Generals News: Click here.