The Waynesboro Generals organization relies on the generosity of the local community to house and feed the 30 college baseball players who come to Waynesboro to play ball every summer.
The families who make this 8- to 10-week commitment by providing a home away from home for these young men.
– Host families provide a bed, access to a bathroom / laundry room / kitchen and some meals.
– Host families also provide peace of mind for the players’ parents who will know that their sons are safe and cared for.
– In return, host families get free admission to all Generals games (home & away) = 42 nights of fun.
– Host families develop a lifelong friendship with their player.
– Host families receive the gratitude of the Generals Organization and the player’s family.
– Host families have the opportunity to make a positive impact on a young man’s life.
– Host families have the opportunity to meet players and families and fans from all over the U.S. as well as the chance to make new friends from our own area.
– Host families get the satisfaction of having represented and served their community in a memorable way.
2012 Pre-Season Host Family Picnic