- The Generals put together their best regular season since the team was created in 1935. They finished with the best record in the league of 31-11. After starting the year 6-5, the Gens won 25 out of their last 31 games. They had three separate winning streaks of at least five games. Those three streaks include the last five games of the regular season that the Gens were able to win. They enter the playoffs hot at the right time.
- The Generals turned four double plays in a game that saw plenty of home runs. The double plays all turned out to be key in the victory in a game that every batter was a threat for a home run.
- The Winchester Royals came to Waynesboro after being no-hit the night before in Strasburg. They made up for lost time with 11 hits that led to nine runs, including eight runs in the first two innings, to snap Waynesboro's five game win streak.
- Waynesboro opened up a lead in the South division over the second place Tom Sox with three wins in five days. Two wins on the road and another at home has the Gens leading the South division by four games.
- In a game that the Front Royal pitching staff gave up 12 walks and 5 hit batsmen, the Generals put up 19 runs to win the season series over the Front Royal Cardinals.
The War Room
- A pair of Gamecocks are headed to Waynesboro for 2022. INF Jalen Vasquez and OF Thad Ector will make the trip to the Shenandoah Valley for the summer from the University of South Carolina. Vasquez comes to the Generals off of his second season in the SEC. The North Charleston, South Carolina native has […]
- Three Faulkner pitchers are set to join the Generals for the 2022 season. J.C. Toro, Alex Saldana and Ty Correa will make the trip from Montgomery, Alabama to Waynesboro. The Eagles are playing in the regional round of the NAIA Baseball Tournament this week as they secured an automatic bid to the tournament after […]
- Two pitchers will be returning to Waynesboro from ETSU for the 2022 season. Daulton Montagna and Zach Kirby will make the trip from Johnson City, TN to the Shenandoah Valley. Montagna returns to the Valley League after pitching for the Generals in 2021. Last season Montagna appeared in 13 games and tallied two saves. […]
- Two pitchers from FIU will be joining the Generals for the 2022 campaign. Richie Peña and Orlando Hernandez will be making the trip from University Park to Waynesboro this summer. Peña joins the Gens coming off his second season with the Panthers. The Coral Springs, Florida native, has seen action in 14 games including […]
- Two pitchers will be joining the Generals this summer from Florida Gulf Coast University. LHP Daniel Batcher and RHP Darien Smith will make the trip from Fort Myers, FL to Waynesboro. Batcher is a current redshirt sophomore and has seen his first action in an Eagles uniform this spring. The Lakeland, FL native has […]