Generals Unveil Schedule for Summer 2019
The Valley Baseball League and its teams have finalized the schedule for the Summer of 2019. For the Generals, they’ll open up the season on May 31st at Kate Collins Field when they take on the Southern Division Regular Season Champion Covington Lumberjacks.
Other interesting dates and storylines to follow this summer:
- Thursday, June 6th
- New Head Coach of the Gens Zac Cole will return to New Market for the first time since winning the Rebels the 2018 VBL Championship.
- Friday, June 7th
- The Gens will return to the site of their final game of the 2018 playoffs when they travel to Charlottesville to take on the South Division champion TomSox team that eliminated them from the playoffs.
- Sunday, June 23rd
- The Gens will return to Bing Crosby Stadium to take on the Front Royal Cardinals. The last time the Gens were there, they were celebrating Tyler Bielamowicz’s 14 strikeout, no-hit masterpiece.
- Tuesday, June 25th
- Waynesboro will welcome back to Kate Collins field their former skipper, Mike Bocock, that brought home the VBL Championships in 2013 & 2014. Bocock is now the head coach of the Woodstock River Bandits.
- Wednesday, June 26th
- The Gens will return to Staunton for the first time since eliminating the Braves from the playoffs on the last day of the regular season.
- Thursday, July 18th – Thursday, July 25th.
- The final week of the season will likely clear up any questions many may have about the Southern Division playoff race. That week will see the Gens finishing the season with 5 out of their last 6 games against Southern Division opponents, including 2 against the Harrisonburg Turks.
The Gens will look to improve on their 24-18 record from a year ago. To see the full schedule of the Generals, visit waynesborogenerals.net/schedule.