- The Generals put together their best regular season since the team was created in 1935. They finished with the best record in the league of 31-11. After starting the year 6-5, the Gens won 25 out of their last 31 games. They had three separate winning streaks of at least five games. Those three streaks include the last five games of the regular season that the Gens were able to win. They enter the playoffs hot at the right time.
- The Generals turned four double plays in a game that saw plenty of home runs. The double plays all turned out to be key in the victory in a game that every batter was a threat for a home run.
- The Winchester Royals came to Waynesboro after being no-hit the night before in Strasburg. They made up for lost time with 11 hits that led to nine runs, including eight runs in the first two innings, to snap Waynesboro's five game win streak.
- Waynesboro opened up a lead in the South division over the second place Tom Sox with three wins in five days. Two wins on the road and another at home has the Gens leading the South division by four games.
More Game Recaps: Click here.
- The Generals had their six game win streak snapped on the road in Woodstock. The River Bandits out-hit the Gens 13-9 and out scored them 8-3.
- The Illinois State University Redbirds played well enough this season to earn an at-large regional bid. They are currently the third seed in the Louisville regional.
- Lawson State Community College standout and Alabama commit, Jackson Tate, will be playing for the Gens this summer. Coach Zac Cole had very high praise for Jackson, calling him “one of the very best players in Alabama junior college baseball."
- Florida Gulf Coast University will send three players that were key in their success this past season. The Eagles were 34-21 this season but unfortunately were two and done in their conference tournament.
More Generals News: Click here.